Monday, February 29, 2016

Sancho Panza's Words of Wisdom for the week of 2/29

I’ve been a bit errant about posting . . . I am sorry for missing a week! And I have missed being with my dear reading group in the month of February.

This week I want to share some wisdom that is technically from the end of last session’s readings. What I like about it is the way Sancho uses proverbs to comment on his own wisdom:

“If you pay your debts, you don’t worry about guaranties, and in a prosperous house supper’s soon on the stove; I mean that nobody has to tell me things or give me advice: I’m prepared for anything, and I know something about everything” (p. 654, chapter 30).

And like Don Quixote, we’re “blessed” with plenty of Sancho’s wisdom!

From the Quijote Iconographic Museum in Guanajuato, Mexico

No comments:

Post a Comment