We had a great first reading group meeting! Thanks to all our participants. Over the next few days I'll work on a summary of our discussion in case you missed today's session. In our next session on September 17, we'll read chapters 9-21 and focus on Marcela's defense of her character in chapter 14.One of our participants raised a very helpful resource about chapter 9. ía Rosa Menocal's 2002 Ornament of the World: How Muslims, Jews, and Christians Created a Culture of Tolerance in Medieval Spain contains a chapter about Don Quixote (and in particular, on chapter 9).
Thank you for this opportunity. I have debated attending and am unable to commit, but I have been reading in case I decided to attend, and I plan to continue reading as I am enjoying the book. Thanks for all the resources as well, I love the Yale Lectures. Now I can honestly use the phrase Tilting at Windmills without reservations at not having read the source. THANKS!
ReplyDeleteThank you for letting us know that you're reading along--and enjoying it!
Delete