Thursday, September 28, 2017

One meeting down...

...and the next one's in a week! On Thursday, Oct. 5th at 1 pm, we'll meet to discuss the novel up to page 151.
I have to say, I love the dynamic of this group of readers. Some people seem to love the book, some seem to really hate it (and to kind of love hating it - is that fair to say?) - a good outcome for any work of art. I'm really looking forward to continuing our conversation next week.
Bob sent me a couple of links that I'd like to share with you all. The first is a link to the course website at the University of Texas at Austin. They are running a course on DFW and Infinite Jest. There are several great resources there.
http://sites.la.utexas.edu/dfw12fall/
The other link he shared is an interview of DFW by Charlie Rose. Here it is:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91ytSdSM-Kk
I'm going to fly to Florida this weekend, and I'm carrying this tome along for some light airplane reading.
See you next Thursday!
Aaron

No comments:

Post a Comment