Tuesday, May 17, 2016

A Man with a Dream: From Wishbone to Edith Grossman's Don Quixote

Thank you to our reading group community for a great year of reading Don Quixote! Congratulations to all members of our group and followers of the blog who have completed this epic novel. Now, who's up for reading War and Peace over the summer before watching the new BBC mini series?

I wish you many happy readings. I want to leave you with a sense of my beginnings, of my first introduction to Don Quixote, Sancho Panza, and Dulcinea.

Published in 1996, Don Quixote was the first adaptation in the 
Wishbone Classics series. Michael Burgan wrote this adaptation. The first
chapter is titled "A Man with a Dream."


This is the "teaser" first page for the Wishbone Classics version of
Don Quixote (cover pictured above). I am not sure why "Rocinante"
is spelled with a "z." Maybe to help youngsters pronounce the 
name properly?

No comments:

Post a Comment